The Team

The Team

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

DAY 40- Morgans Over America is Over

I have been very neglectful about writing new posts for MOA VI. First off, I couldn't get my iPhone to transfer the photos to my MacBook. Then I was very tired at night, and if I had some time, I had to prepare for events the following day. So I will try to eventually post most every day, over the next few weeks. Sorry that they won't be in order....

Our Farewell Banquet last Saturday at the Williamsburg Lodge was one of joy and sadness. The trip was over, but we all soon had to leave one another. We each read "Our Day", reviewing 20 of the days on MOA. All expressed what a wonderful trip it was. I reiterated there will be no more Morgans Over America. (Sadly my camera wasn't focusing correctly, so some photos are blurry)


Ben and Allan
Ben, Callie, Pat, Judy
Didier and Stan 
Elaine and Mike
Elaine meant to say "fortifications". 
Ellen Jo, Sue, Judy and Gail
Fiona and Janet
Gene and Jen
Grant and Thierry
Helen and Jim
Helen reading about "her day" 
Jenny and Gail
Joan and Janet
Lesley, Bruce and Ken
Marj and Keith 
Mike, Grant, and Harvey
Nigel and Barry
Simon
Steve, Colin and Keith
Most of the British, French and Kiwi's are on their way home. Australian Stan and Jen are completing their holiday in New York City. Brits Colin and Callie are resting in Florida. Americans Ellen Jo and Jim have made it driving to Amarillo, TX; Steve and Mike are on their way to New Orleans, Marj and Bart are on their way to Tucson, and Canadians Ken and Pat are visiting their daughter in Minneapolis.

On Sunday, we returned to Savannah to pick up our truck and trailer. Due to my packing carelessness, we had to stay over an extra day in Savannah to receive an important package that I left in DC.
Packing to leave Williamsburg
Arriving near Savannah
Romayne, the Bell Captain, insisted we leave the Aero in the drive at the Marriott.
This did give us the opportunity to take a tour of Savannah, which we were not able to do the first few days of MOA VI. It is a very pretty town. 
Us on the Savannah Riverwalk

Spanish Moss in the Trees- lives off the air and bugs in the air

Today we drove from Savannah to Demopolis, Alabama almost 400 miles.  Just another day of sunshine and pleasant temperatures.
On the Road Again
Dinner at Smokin' Jacks  BBQ




No comments: